The sheet window uses different colors to display the entities and the kind of entity that was recognized:
In the example the background of the third measure is colored in rose because the rhythm check has failed for this measure (the first note of the upper voice was mistaken for a quarter instead of a half note).
The following foreground colors are used for interpretation items in this window:
- blue: bars, clefs, times, lyrics
- purple: accidentals, articulations
- pale blue / pale rose: non recognized elements (vertical sections / horizontal sections)
- brown: stems, slurs, normal text (no lyrics)
- green: note heads (also small heads and augmentation points), flags, rests
- red: elements in some abnormal status, typically some needed connection is missing (e.g. full note head without stem)
The colors help the user for a first glance verification that the transcription was successful or where some corrections will be needed later on.